Client Services

Heading photo

Family Based Immigration 

U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents are able to petition for certain family members (spouses, children, adult children, and siblings).  Contact us today to see if your loved one is eligible to immigrate to the United States. 

Heading photo

Humanitarian Petitions 

If you have been a victim of human trafficking, or another serious crime in the United States, you may qualify for immigration benefits based on your cooperation with law enforcement. Additionally, if you have been a victim of threats or crime in your home country, you may qualify for Asylum in the United States. 

Heading photo

Removal Defense

If you must attend Court, only a licensed attorney or accredited representative can accompany you. Our office handles all forms of removal defense including asylums, “la ley de dies anos” and separate petitions with USCIS.  

Heading photo

Employment Visas 

If you have an employer who wants to sponsor you, we can help! We are also able to handle a variety of exceptional talent visas as well.

Immigration Consequencesof Criminal Conviction

If I get charged with a crime, what, if any, are the immigration consequences of criminal charges? 

There are two main ways that criminal convictions can impact a person’s immigration status – inadmissibility and deportable offenses. At Sanabria & Associates, our criminal and immigration departments work hand in hand to make sure our clients obtain the best outcome for both their criminal and immigration cases, and explain the consequences of any convictions with respect to your immigration case. 



  • When and how can I apply for U.S. Citizenship if I am a lawful permanent resident?

    Eligibility depends upon a number of factors.  Generally, a person will have had to be a lawful permanent resident for 5 years in order to apply (or 3 years based upon marriage to a U.S. Citizen) and must be a person of good moral character. There is also a requirement that all applicants are able to read, speak, and write English, unless exempt due to age.


  • When Can Legal Residents Face Removal Proceedings?

    The U.S. government can use to deport someone who’s lawfully present in the country. Generally, a person is deportable from the United States if he or she: Was inadmissible when entering the country or when adjusting an immigration status● Violated the terms of a visa, green card, or other status● Had conditional permanent resident status, but that status was terminated Helped smuggle an alien into the U.S. Committed marriage fraud● Got married and divorced (or had the marriage annulled) within a certain time frame Was convicted of one or more crimes involving moral turpitude● Has been convicted of domestic violence, stalking, child neglect or abuse, or child abandonment at any time after being admitted to the U.S.There are several other reasons the U.S. government may choose to deport someone, as well, so if you’re facing removal proceedings, it’s typically best to talk to an attorney as soon as possible.

  • How does my criminal charge or conviction affect my status? 

    Criminal charges or convictions that may appear minor could have dire consequences on your status and you should contact an immigration attorney to discuss how this issue may affect your status. At Sanabria & Associates, we practice criminal defense and immigration law, and work together for the best possible outcome in your case.

  • What is “La Ley de Diez Años”

    La Ley de Diez Añosis officially named cancellation of removal for certain non-permanent residents. It allows non-citizens in removal proceedings to apply for permanent residency if they have been in the United States for ten years, are a person of good moral character, and have a spouse, parent, or child who is a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident.


  • I’m a U.S. Citizen, who can I file an immigration petition for?

    Parents, spouse, children, unmarried sons/daughters over 21, married sons/daughters, siblings.

  • I’m a Lawful Permanent Resident, who can I file an immigration petition for?

    Spouse, children, unmarried sons/daughters over 21.

  • What’s the difference between a Fiancé(e) Visa and a Marriage-Based Green Card?

    A Fiancé Visa is for a U.S. citizen’s fiancé who is currently living outside the United States. At present, these individuals may request a K-1 Fiancé Visa to allow their intended spouses to come to the United States to marry. Permanent residents (green card holders) may not petition for a Fiancé Visa.


  • Who Is Eligible for Political Asylum?

    If you fear persecution upon returning to your home country, you may be eligible for political asylum in the United States.

  • What is a U Visa?

    If you were a victim of a crime in the United States, you may be eligible for a U Visa. You must have reported this crime to the proper authorities, and cooperated with any investigation or prosecution.